Nordic Solar is seeking an ESG Controller to take responsibility for reliable collection, processing, and reporting of ESG data. If you’re a seasoned financial expert with a commitment to shaping the ESG agenda within a thriving solar energy scale-up, your expertise could play an important role in the finance team.
As the ESG Controller, you’ll play a pivotal role in deciding how to best structure, optimize, and improve the ESG area in close collaboration with the ESG and Sustainability team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Maintain and develop the ESG Accounting Manual.
- Drive internal steering for ESG data transparency and quality.
- Support implementation of EU taxonomy and CSRD.
- Facilitate sustainability reporting audit process.
- Report to the Audit Committee.
- Ensure internal control compliance.
- Contribute to the double materiality process.
- Implement new ESG data reporting process in Group Finance.
- Streamline ESG data collection, management, and reporting.
- Review and enhance processes and internal controls.
- Ensure detailed quality control of ESG data accuracy, completeness, and consistency in accordance with defined standards and requirements.
- Prepare and review annual sustainability report.
- Support local business units as ESG data owner in improving reporting.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and corporate functions.
You will become an essential part of the Finance & Administration department, reporting directly to the Group Reporting Director.
ESG enthusiast with documented financial expertise
We’re seeking a candidate with a strong educational foundation, holding a master’s degree in auditing, accounting, finance, or similar. You should bring at least three years of experience as external auditor or financial reporting/controlling. You bring experience with risk identification, mitigation, internal control, and data quality. Further, we imagine you have experience working with ESG or alternatively have a great passion for the ESG agenda.
Seeking a dynamic team player who wants to take ownership
We’re looking for a candidate who craves influence, embraces the ever-changing work with ESG and compliance, and can easily adapt to new challenges and colleagues. As an open-minded problem solver, you spot opportunities, not limitations. You effortlessly excel in creating structure and processes, as well as securing close collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders across all organizational levels.
About Nordic Solar A/S
Since its establishment in 2010, Nordic Solar has focused on building a green and sustainable solar energy company while ensuring an attractive return for shareholders at the same time. Nordic Solar develops, builds, and operates industrial solar parks in Europe and is committed to creating the largest and most professional solar energy company in the Nordic region.
The company gives priority to creating an engaging and value driven workplace. The culture is collaborative and there is a great management focus of creating a workplace where everyone thrives and is heard. Nordic Solar is also very dedicated to the health of its employees which is why they offer physical training (optional), an attractive canteen scheme, the possibility of psychotherapy sessions, company-subsidized massage, and much more. The team behind Nordic Solar is very versatile both in age, nationality, educational background, and experience. This represents a strength both professionally and socially while implying inclusiveness and adaptability.
In the coming years, Nordic Solar has ambitions to continue its high growth rate and expects a tripling of the capacity of its solar parks in operation by the end of 2025; A plan that requires investments of up to DKK 5 billion in the years to come.
For more information, please visit: https://nordicsolar.eu/
Apply for the position
If the above matches your profile, we would love to hear from you. You apply for the position by following the link “Søg stillingen” and submitting your CV. Applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis. MINDWEISS is handling the recruitment process on behalf of Nordic Solar.